From The Kitchen: Chia Pudding
This is my go to breakfast - it's easy to make, lasts a couple of days and it's SUPER healthy. It's also vegan, which is of little consequence to me (but YAY! if that's good news for you).
I usually make this the night before as it needs a few hours in the fridge, but if you're an early riser... have at it!
2/3 cup chia seeds
2 cups almond/coconut/rice milk
1 tsp vanilla bean paste/extract
1 generous pinch of cinnamon
1. Place chia seeds in a bowl
2. Add vanilla paste, cinnamon and the milk of your choice.
3. Stir vigorously - if you don't, the Chia seeds will form spore-like clumps and you won't achieve the "pudding" texture.
4. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes and stir again just to ensure all the Chia seeds are coated with milk and the cinnamon is evenly dispersed. You will notice the mixture has become significantly thicker.
5. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or ideally, overnight.
6. I like to serve mine with a big dollop of Greek yogurt, a few crushed almonds/cereal seed mix (for crunch) and about 20ml of Agave syrup or Raspberry coulis.
Calories per serve: 140